viernes, 10 de noviembre de 2017

A letter to apply for a job

A letter to apply for a job is also known as letters of application or cover letters. You can write to apply for a job or a course.

Introduction

First paragraph = opening remarks
     - Reason for writing
     - The name of the job/course, where and when you saw it advertised

Main body

Second, third and/or four paragraphs = you give details
     - Age, present job and/or studies
     - Qualifications
     - Experience
     - Skills and personal qualities that are suitable for the job/course

Conclusion

Last paragraph = closing remarks
     - When you are available for interview
     - Where and when you can be contracted
     - A remark that you hope that you application will be considered



Example of a letter to apply for a job:

                                                                                         18 Kings Road
                                                                               Birminghan, M24 6HD
                                                                                         June 16, 2003
Mr P Bradley
Trans Europe Tours,
17 Bridge Street,
Cambridge, SW12

Dear Mr. Bradley,
I am writing to apply apply for the position of travel courier, which I saw advertised in the February edition of Sunshine Holidays.

As outlined in my curriculum vitae, which I have enclosed, I have got a degree in Modern Languages from Bristol University. I have been working as a travel courier for the las two years.

I believed that I would be an ideal candidate for the position because I speak French, German and Spanish fluently and I have got a working knowledge of Greek. This makes me capable of dealing with people from different countries. Besides, I am outgoing, talkative and friendly, which are the perfect qualities for a travel courier. Apart from this, my time spent traveling around Europe gives me a valuable knowledge of several countries. Therefore, I would be good at showing people all those places.

I thank you for considering my application and am willing to attend an interview at any time.

Yours sincerely,
J. Henderson


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario